Monday, July 22, 2019

Final Paintings at OCD Chocolates




I have a show of ninety four paintings at OCD Chocolates, 63 E4th St (btwn Bowery & 2nd Ave,) that will be up for five weeks or so, say from 21 July until 28 August 2019. The opening was last night, and as it was in the middle of an extreme heat wave in the city here, not many people came out, for which I do not blame them, and thank those few who did.  I trust my friends here will see while they may and thank them.  The show is called Final Paintings, not because I intend them to be my last, but because these are paintings that I have planned for many years, one as long ago as forty five years, and now have managed to get them done.  I thank Sebastian Brecht for providing me with the ideal place to show them: his very remarkable chocolate shop, even though having diabetes I'm unable to sample most of his great confections.  He has begun to develop a line of sugarless and low sugar chocolates that are extraordinary in their own right.













No comments:

Post a Comment