Sunday, October 24, 2021

Recent Pencil Drawings of Derron Thweatt

 


I had the good fortune of late to draw these pencil drawings and sketches from the particular live model whom I most enjoy drawing.  I've posted many drawings of him in the past but since the Covid 19 Pandemic struck I was only able to view him via ZOOM, which is definitely not my preferred method.  In this case I actually got to sit a few feet away from him as I drew.  It makes a great deal of difference for the draughsman, and I suspect for the model as well.  I hope for the better.  Many thanks to the other artists who took part in the three sessions during which these pictures were produced, to Thomasina DeMaio for footing the bill and setting up the use of the space at the Eureka Valley Recreation Center and the Sidewalk Salon at Noe & Market, and above all to Derron Thweatt for his compelling presence.  

 











No comments:

Post a Comment