Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Earlier Re-Used Christmas Tree


This, then, is that Christmas Tree from 1996 referred to in an earlier post as the model for this year's one. It happened that I was extremely busy painting murals based on Greek vase paintings in a future pizza and salad bar joint in the old PG&E Building downtown. I was working for this crazed Iranian entrepreneur desperately in need of brain surgery. He kept expecting more and more work from me; promising more and more money (which never materialized.) I had no time to purchase a fresh tree for decorating, so on Christmas Morning (my only day off) I constructed this tree using dried flowers and herbs. The origami decorations were a present from my friend. I was fairly pleased with the results and left it on display in my storefront long past the last day of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment