Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In Girum Imus Nocte Et Consumimur Igni

We go round and round in the night and are consumed by fire.


This series was painted more than fifteen years ago. Some of this group ended up in the possession of Michael Alago. He never did pay me for them, though I believe we had agreed on a price. Instead he sent me some little one of a kind collaged books. That ended my exchange of works with him. Now he's a well known photographer. At least he's well known in Chelsea, but I doubt that those books he sent me have increased in value. At the time he was best known for signing Metallica to Electra Records. Perhaps that is still what he is best known for. These are paintings which were painted very quickly and I priced them intentionally low, but they took a fair amount of effort and I'm happy with the results. I'm not sorry that this part of the series is still in my possession.

The first part of this series shows Rod Garetto in one of his first videos: Show It Hard. He does. He plays a young man posing naked for the first time. He of course ends up getting blown by the scuzzy photographer with a face like a demented rabbit. Rod even reciprocates. I prefer these images, though, which are supposedly what the photographer is shooting.





The paintings below are based on images taken from a Mike Lamas video called One Man's Poison. He gives himself pretty thoroughly to a rather unattractive white guy. One Man's Poison indeed! Still, Mike couldn't be more beautiful than when he is giving himself to another; especially when that other is so unworthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment