Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bottom

Reality being too prickly for my lofty character, I found myself nonetheless at my lady's, a great grey-blue bird soaring toward the moldings of the ceiling and dragging my wing through the shadows of the evening. At the foot of the baldaquino holding her precious gems and physical masterpieces, I was a fat bear with purple gums and fur hoary with sorrow, my eyes on the crystal and silver of the sideboard. All became shadow and fiery aquarium. In the morning - bellicose June dawn - I ran through the fields, an ass, braying and brandishing my grievances, until the Sabines of the suburbs came to throw themselves upon my chest. Bottom par Jean Nicolas Arthur Rimbaud La réalité étant trop épineuse pour mon grand caractère, -je me trouvai néanmoins chez ma dame, en gros oiseau gris bleu s'essorant vers les moulures du plafond et traînant l'aile dans les ombres de la soirée. Je fus, au pied du baldaquin supportant ses bijoux adorés et ses chef-d'oeuvre physiques, un gros ours aux gencives violettes et au poil chenu de chagrin, les yeux aux cristaux et aux argents des consoles. Tout se fit ombre et aquarium ardent. Au matin - aube de juin batailleuse, - je courus aux champs, âne, claironnant et brandissant mon grief, jusqu'à ce que les Sabines de la banlieue vinrent se jeter à mon poitrail. Bless thee, Bottom, bless thee, thou art translated.

No comments:

Post a Comment