Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Adam Driver photographed by Steven Klein

for Interview Magazine 
28 November 2016








These are some of the pictures of Adam Driver that Steven Klein shot to accompany Noah Baumbach’s interview with the actor, which was published to coincide with the release of Scorsese’s Silence and Jarmusch’s Paterson.  I haven’t seen the either of the movies that Driver has made with Baumbach.  I’ll have to put them on my to do list.  I admire Driver as an actor.  I like his physical presence on screen.  I like his particular, somewhat odd, proportions.  Like Matthew Macfadyen, he’s a big imposing guy, who is handsome without being pretty, and his monumental stature makes the sensitivity that he brings to his characterizations all the more startling.  I like that he treated this series of photos for Klein as one more mysterious performance to be regarded and puzzled out. 









No comments:

Post a Comment