Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Borrowed Tambourine Production Stills of the Stars of Cinemaroc-North African-Nikelodeon

These photos, of course, are not images that appear in the film No President, but production stills carefully composed using the performers costumed for filming in related though original tableau.  I wish I could find more of the photographs from this round of shooting sessions.  I don't have many and as one can see there are plenty of duplicates here, although Jack or his minions printed them in a variety of ways.  The only models used here whose names I know for certain are Mario Montez and Irving Rosenthal.  I just couldn't resist posting these as a group, in spite of having other images and texts that would better represent the troubles we collectively must face presently, but I 've been enjoying the work I've been doing getting these pictures ready for copying in paint and felt that I should share them first. 











2 comments:

  1. Just finished reading Sheeper. These pics helped round out my view. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. Irving was a good friend for many years (we first met in 1985) and I miss him very much. I'm happy these pictures by Jack helped to enrich your reading of Irving's great book. Jack took a lot of photos of Irving. You can find him in many of the group photos from Jack's Sunday Night Posing Sessions that he did at his Hyperbole Photography Studio in the early sixties. Good luck to you, and again thanks.

    ReplyDelete