Monday, May 23, 2011

Dawn Of The Dead / Law Of The Land


This show that Max Schumann and I put together for the Max Fish Bar in 1998 was probably our finest collaboration so far. It's the one I'm most proud of, the one I remember most fondly, the show the public responded to most enthusiastically. The response it received in our little corner of The Art World probably misled me into believing that all would be smooth sailing henceforth. It led to my having a one man show at a gallery on the outskirts of the prestigious Chelsea neighborhood the next year. Two different dealers seemed to be interested in representing me. My head was ready to burst with overconfidence. It was great fun while it lasted; and it seemed the proper outcome given the wonderfully ghastly themes explored in the show itself.
























No comments:

Post a Comment