Monday, September 11, 2017

The Fury

directed by Brian De Palma 
written by John Farris 
starring Amy Irving & John Cassavetes
Century City, Los Angeles CA 1978




In honor of his seventy seventh birthday I thought it appropriate to present some images from the film by Brian De Palm that I admire most.  When I first saw it, I was understandably appalled, but found that despite my best efforts to rid my memory of it, the images and the ideas behind them had found a permanent place in my mind.  I began to see a connection between what De Palma was doing and the literary experiments of Isidore Ducasse in the late eighteen sixties.  I remain of more than one mind regarding De Palma’s approach to film making, but I can’t help admiring his best efforts and above all this remarkable and very serious and bloody parody of the ending of Antonioni’s Zabriskie Point.













No comments:

Post a Comment