Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Horror And Fantasy At Midnight

Since I was only nine years old at the time, lived more than a hundred miles away, and would not first hear of Jack Smith for yet another five years, I was not able to attend any of the screenings known as Horror and Fantasy at Midnight, which eventually mutated into the long version of No President (as opposed to the extant fourty five minute version.) I'm making an educated guess here that the images I'm showing in this post are from those short films which were presented under this general title in 1967. I've done my best to place them in an order which makes sense to me. The initial three images of course come from the confrontation between the Green Mummy and the Cobra Woman in Normal Love, which is not at all a short film, but Smith was known to show fragments of this work seperately from the whole (and I have not shown these images previously in a post and find them exceptionally fantastic.)








































No comments:

Post a Comment