Monday, January 11, 2016

Queen Bitch

Hunky Dory, Trident Studios, London, 1971
David Bowie (1947 - 2016)







In the winter of 1976 I crossed the country by car from CT to CA with my friends Dick and Tacy. Dick was heavy into Bowie at the time and probably still is. We listened to three albums most often and we were almost constantly listening. They were Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane and the Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. I remember very well the instruction that appeared on the last of these albums: to be played at maximum volume, which we followed precisely and frequently. It was one of the happiest journeys of my life. I grew especially fond of Queen Bitch, which Bowie and Ronson can be seen performing in a studio at the BBC in the pictures below. They also look to be having a very good time.






No comments:

Post a Comment