Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fifteen Years Ago......


These are those naked self-portrait photos I had to search my many boxes of materials to find. In doing so, as previously mentioned, I came across other interesting pieces and made some even more interesting connections, discoveries, and rediscoveries.



This child in the arms of his grandmother was observed at the Farmers' Market at Civic Center posed on the base of the Equestrian Statue of Simón Bolívar. It may seem that these pictures do not belong with the above; but there is a simple enough reason for this odd juxtaposition.






Remarkably, these were all shot on the same roll of film. I'd say it was a very good few days for me, at least artistically. At the time I was working around the theme of Surveillance.




No comments:

Post a Comment