Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ne Oo As He Was When We First Met


I don't usually show pictures of Ne Oo. He is not the sort of guy to publicly acknowledge our relationship, and so I refrain from doing so as well. Not that I'm forbidden such declarations, but they generally seem unnecessary. I'm showing these portraits because I find them rather striking; and they're painted in a way that I haven't explored for many years. Perhaps it's some thing, or some place, I need to return to.




Seen below in The Simmering Wok is an example of the sort of cooking he was doing at the time. Come to think of it, the food he cooks for himself is much the same now as it was then. I find that it is more pleasant to paint pictures of the food he cooks than to eat it. This reflects, I suppose, the nature of our long time relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment