Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Last Day Of The Regular Season




For a few weeks now, I've been planning to show some photos of my old Cheap Art Store Murals on this site. Last night I finally got around to doing the necessary scans; and it struck me that as today is the last day of the NBA Regular Season that this was a good mural to start with, though it wasn't the first mural painted (or even recorded in this crude manner.) It seems to me that the subjects depicted on these three walls, the players in the wrong setting (out in the rocky woods of Mansfield, Connecticut,) playing at the wrong time of the year (the time of harvest, the beginning of death and decay as well as the beginning of the Basketball Season,) conveys very well how I feel at present about the state of this great sport. As Phil Jackson was recently fined for saying: "I think there are some people who are pretty convinced there's not going to be a year next year."




No comments:

Post a Comment