Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On The Removal Of A Trustee




For the sake of some friends, one of whom recently died, and as research for the novel I've been working on for the last four years, The Crumpled Bills, I started investigating how one goes about removing the Trustee of a Trust when this person violates the terms of the Trust. I'm not sure that the process is worth pursuing through the Courts, as the above passage from The Pickwick Papers is meant to demonstrate; but when faced with blatant venality (according to my dictionary: the use of a position of trust for dishonest gain) what is one to do?

The images presented here all relate (at least tangentially) in one way or several to this matter I'm investigating and the narrative I'm constructing. The architectural renderings were painted by Joseph Gandy, a brilliant architect in his own right and an extraordinary illustrator of the visions of his master, John Soane. Both of these men served as the models for characters in my unfinished Magnum Opus. The Mosaic of the Skull (circa 30 AD) decorated a table top found in the ashes of Pompeii; and the Plastered Skull from Jericho (circa 7000 BCE) is considered to be the first known portrait of an individual person.




No comments:

Post a Comment